Saturday, October 9, 2010

Who Gets Nobel Prize Money When the Winner is Jailed?

I found this article (click link) interesting because I'm surprised that Liu Xiaobo was able to stay in the running for the Nobel Prize once he was imprisoned. The offenses under which he was charged didn't physically harm anyone, but I'm surprised that there isn't some rule in the "Nobel rule book" that disqualifies him. Nothing personal against him and I'm not saying I don't support whatever he's for, I just thought it interesting that he was still in the running.

2 comments:

Anthony Bergamasco said...

Well, I personally think that he should still be allowed to obtain his prize for his findings. I mean, you did mention that he didn't physically harm anyone/anything with his actions, so he should still be allowed to collect his earnings and award. I mean, he shouldn't have broken the law, but people should hold that against him, I mean, whatever he did could be the next great thing to change the world!

Machinator94 said...

I guess this goes to show nobodies perfect, even winners.